Latest News from
The Classroom Kit:
New resources: Out now!
Homophone games: Homophone Bears Card Game, The Right Homophone and Which Homophone? (Look in Literacy Games - Reading and Spelling Activities)
Grammar worksheets: capitalisation, commas, quotation marks, proof reading, sentence structure (Look in Literacy worksheets - Sentences - Grammar)
Payment Options for multiple users in schools are now available. Small schools can access materials for 1-5 teachers for $80. Larger schools can access materials for 6 or more teachers for $130. Invoices will be emailed or posted to interested schools on request.
Important Information about Payments:
Credit card payments must be made through Paypal. Select Paypal during the sign-up process in the online membership form.
If you don't receive a confirmation email within 5 minutes of signing up your email is probably sending emails from The Classroom Kit to a spam folder. Please check this and mark emails as 'not spam' so that communications about special offers and renewals reach you. This is also important if you need reminders of usernames and passwords!
Offline payments: Note that payments made by bank transfer, electronic cheque or direct debit, may take between 1 and 5 days to be processed. If your spam filter blocks automatic emails, you will not receive information about how to make the offline payment. Check your spam folder or contact The Classroom Kit for details of how to make an offline payment.
When choosing to use direct debit or bank transfer, ensure you have entered an identifiable name (your username will do) so I can match the payment with your membership, and email me so I can look out for the payment. I only check this account once a month, so if I don't know to look out for a payment, you will be waiting some time for the resources.
Memberships cannot be enabled until processing is complete, and an email will be sent to confirm this has occured.
Look on the Home Page for the free resource of the month!
Some link pages to online resources from around the world:
Literacy Links for Kinders and Preps (mainly letters and beginning sounds)
Literacy Links for beginning readers (cvc words, simple rhymes, signt words, blends)
Literacy Links for developing readers (syllables, suffixes, digraphs)
CVC word games
Simple rhyming word games
So many uses!
My literacy and numeracy games can be used in many ways. Do any of these sound useful to you?
- to teach groups of students that have particular needs (each game is a lesson in itself)
- a teacher assistant working with a small group or individual
- a parent helper or volunteer working with a small group or individual
- a daily 15 to 30 minute class activity time for literacy (while some students are involved in guided reading groups, or computer programs for literacy; or for everyone at once, allowing the teacher time to observe or test individually)
- a weekly class activity time for literacy games
- a daily 15 to 30 minute class activity time for numeracy (while some students are involved in a group lesson with the teacher, or with individual computer programs for numeracy; or for everyone at once, allowing the teacher time to observe or test individually)
- a weekly class activity time for numeracy games
- support older students in the primary years to consolidate important concepts they are experiencing difficulty with
- a daily independent activity time for primary students who have low literacy or numeracy skills (build skills and confidence!)
- support special needs students with repetitive, fun activities that strengthen understandings and build skills
- great for high school teachers who are providing special programs for students who need daily experiences with basic numeracy and literacy concepts!
Think of the benefits!!
Build a collection of games that can be used within any classroom, small group, or individual tutoring program.
Always have purposeful activities on hand for parent helpers and teacher assistants.
Reduce lesson planning and preparation time by establishing your collection and including regular activity times in your program.
Allow your students to develop confidence, skills and understandings, while working co-operatively and independently!
Watch students enjoy learning essential literacy and numeracy concepts!
Note to members: If you find a file that won't open after putting your password in, please let me know by sending a message in the broken links email link on the home page. The web program I'm using doesn't seem to find the errors, and I've only discovered them when I try to download resources myself.
Interactive Whiteboard Resources:
Daily Weather and Calendar
The idea with this activity is to grab the attention of those students who tend to lose focus during the morning calendar and weather check. I want my students retaining the words for the days and months, and thinking about the seasons and weather. The little face appears in the bottom left corner when you need to click on to the next page. It probably would work well to give the class the choice of whether to do this task electronically or with the magnetic board and cards, so it's not always the same. Another nice interactive resource from ICT Games assists in writing the date: Datechart
Counting patterns and clocks - Prep Maths
My idea with this activity is to use it once a week or fortnight, as a class activity to support students who are learning the skip counting by 2s and 10s patterns, counting and reading teen numbers, counting backwards, saying ordinal numbers, and seeing o'clock times. If the timing is wrong for your students, you could make the changes you need with the powerpoint. Some of the pages move forward automatically, some need a click on the star. Pages could be skipped if they are inappropriate for your group.
Search The Classroom Kit for what you need: